Community Rules, Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, the Royal Architecture Institute of Canada (RAIC) has established some basic guidelines for participation. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to only post discussions, share files and content that is best suited to the platform. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, share experiences, and participate in ongoing conversations. Questions should be directed to email@example.com or by phone at 1-844-856-7242.
In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, the RAIC reserves the right to suspend or terminate access to the community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to all guests and members; there are no bad or trivial questions.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals, not to promote your products or services. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful manner.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Members of the community who are suppliers to the association sector should refrain from pitching their products or services to other community members on the RAIC Connects site or using the site as a promotional platform.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want your employer, colleagues, fellow members or clients to see.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Job postings will not be accepted on the RAIC Connects site. Please use the job posting platform on the RAIC website.
- Post your message or documents to the most relevant communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link available in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings. For administrative assistance email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 1-844-856-7242.
- Do not submit any content that you consider to be private or confidential.
The RAIC respects the community and understands that inadvertent violations of the rules may occur. As such, the RAIC follows a graduated enforcement policy for these guidelines.
- First Violation: A written notice is sent from the Community Manager to the member who violates the guidelines.
- Second Violation: A written notice is sent from the VP of Corporate Affairs to the member who violates the guidelines. The individual’s community account is put into moderation for 30 days so that messages from their account are reviewed by the Community Manager before they are posted online.
- Third Violation: The member's community access is suspended for six months and a call is scheduled with the VP of Corporate Affairs to review the community guidelines.
Terms & Conditions
This site is provided as a service for the members of Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC). The RAIC is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties regarding information posted on this site, whether posted by the RAIC or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the RAIC be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the RAIC and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
The RAIC does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, if any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the RAIC, the RAIC will take all appropriate action.
The RAIC reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to the RAIC including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Does the RAIC Share the Personal Information Collected Through This Site:
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 1-844-856-7242.